Hi all! I wanted to quickly go over some website building basics. If you need a further source click here.
There are a few basics to making a website. That is user-friendly. Even after you have your website made, knowing how it was made can also help you in the future. Here are the basic steps.
- Pick the type of site platform – They have many building sites out there, but the more CMS or “Content Managment System” is very user-friendly.(eg. WordPress)
- Choose the hosting plan & make a domain- This is the most important step.This is your network address ( eg. http://www.yourbusinesshere.com, http://www.yourbusinesshere.net) There are many host sites out there, feel free to shop around.
- If you do step 1 & 2 separately you can then link the domain name to with whatever platform you chose. This is the manual way.
- Or skip step 1 go to step 2 and pick a platform from there. Then connect the two via the host plan site, you will see where you can do an easy installation
- Start choosing layouts and adding info your website.
*, remember you pay per year for the hosting plan & domain name. the platform is what is free if you chose for example WordPress*